The Southeast Chapter of SCCM is proud to offer the annual “Barbara A. McLean Contributions to Critical Care Nursing Award”. This award will be delivered to a critical care nurse who exemplifies the values of the SCCM: A model based on collaboration, contribution, evidenced-based communications, and collegiality.
Who can participate?
Any Critical Care Nurse that meets the following criteria:
- In practice for at least 4 years
- A mentor to others
- Seeks out responsibilities that evolve the practice of critical care
- Contributes beyond the responsibilities of paid employment
- Attends critical care meetings and educational programs
- Does not have to be a member of the SCCM SE Chapter
- Nurse practitioners do not qualify
Who can nominate?
- Any person on a critical care team
- Must be a member of the SCCM SE Chapter
- Board members and chapter officers may not nominate
What does the award consist of?
The final candidate will receive a check for $250 and a one-year membership to both the local and national SCCM organizations. The awardee will also receive an award plaque in recognition of his/her commitment to critical care.
How to submit the nomination?
The nominator must provide a letter detailing the nominee’s contribution to critical care nursing excellence AND a team approach to managing the critically ill or injured patients. This letter should validate the nominee’s clinical, educational and/or leadership contributions relevant to critical care. In addition, the contributions to health care outside of their work place should be highlighted.
Nomination and a letter of support should be emailed with original signatures and letterhead (if possible) to firstname.lastname@example.org