The summer 2019 edition of our newsletter, Southeast Chapter Update, is now available! Click here to view the most recent updates from our chapter on our newsletter page (https://sccmse.org/newsletters/ )!
Join us for the Bite-Sized Lecture Series on October 23rd, 2019!
The Southeast Chapter of SCCM is excited to launch a new initiative, the Bite-Sized Lecture Series. This series of hour-long, lunchtime lectures will provide high-yield learning in short, easy to digest segments delivered by lectures of different disciplines and/or professions and will also offer an opportunity for members to gain regional speaking experience. The first Bite-Sized Lecture series will be hosted by the University of Mississippi Medical Center on Wednesday, October 23rd from 12:30-1:30 EST/11:30-12:30 CST. The following topics will be presented:
- “Approach to management of status epilepticus in the ICU” presented by Christa O’Hana S. Nobleza, MD, MSCI
- “Intraabdominal hypertension/abdominal compartment syndrome” presented by Matthew E. Kutcher, MD, Trauma, Critical Care, and Acute Care Surgery
- “Albumin in the ICU” presented by Jorge Castañeda, MD
Please click here or use the following link to register for this event: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=uvyewwrab&oeidk=a07eglymagh80618a14.
If you are interested in hosting a future Bite-Sized Lecture Series, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations are Open for Election!
Our elections for Secretary, Treasurer, and Members-at-Large are open. Please click here to see descriptions of our open positions. Self-nominations are allowed.
Deadline for nominations is November 1, 2019
Join us for the next Twitter Journal Clubs on October 17th and December 4th, noon-1 PM EST!
Please join us for the next Twitter Journal Clubs! Follow us @SCCMSE, #SCCMSEChat
- Thursday, October 17th at 12 PM CST: “The safety of high-dose insulin euglycemic therapy for toxin-induced cardiac toxicity”
- Wednesday, December 4th at 12 PM CST: “Half-Dose Versus Full-Dose Alteplase for Treatment of Pulmonary Embolism”
Spike Out Sepsis 2019 is accepting team sign ups! And early teams get a BONUS!
Click here to register or donate: https://donate.sepsis.org/event/spike-out-sepsis-atlanta-2019/e238913
For more information and to become a sponsor, contact email@example.com
The summer 2019 edition of Southeast Chapter Update is now available!
The summer 2019 edition of our newsletter, Southeast Chapter Update, is now available! Click here to view the most recent updates from our chapter on our newsletter page!